Yesterday, I went through my list of post ideas and tried to pick one that would be perfect to publish today. I considered writing about how you should write, but I just posted about naming characters. I consider rambling about my books, but I’ve done that way too much already.
Then I considered not posting. But I felt like that would be a bad way to kick of my new, two-post-a-week schedule (more on that later). So … what should I post?
“Completely random updates?” Why not. I haven’t anything lamer to do today.
Continue reading “Completely Random Updates”
I have a Pinterest board that was for a while secret but has been public for several months now. It’s called “Sun Shadow,” which is presumably the title of a novel. Well, yes, it is. That board contains all sorts of stuff for a novel that I’m eventually going to write, Sun Shadow.
You can find the Pinterest board here. It is mostly a random assortment of quotes with pictures of airplanes and movie stars from the ’40s (to the point where you might thing I’m stalking Lauren Bacall … who is dead … which makes it even weirder). For the most part, you can’t tell a ton about the book from the board, except that maybe it’s set during WW2 and involves a blonde and a brunette who are best friends, one of whom is an INFJ.
However, this writing will not happen for years and years. Why then do I mention it? Because that’s what spotlights are for. Well, that and the ramblings and contests and prizes.
Continue reading “March 2017 Spotlight: Sun Shadow ~ the Reveal”
Hello all! Time for another dares post, but first we’re trying something new.
- Went to California to visit my sister and her family for a week. Pictures coming Wednesday! Although not very good pictures. I also made some observations about humankind while I was down there (basically, I spied on random people and made mental notes about their behavior … because waiting in airports is boring …), and I got around to asking my sister a question about publishing that I’ve been putting off. (What? I’m stubborn about asking for advice/help … like, really stubborn …)
- Helped my (other) sister host a Valentine’s Day Party for kids. It was so much fun! I got to spend time with both my niece and my nephew while making valentines … and it was amazing to observe the differences in their behavior. The boy was covering his hearts with frog stickers and showing me the difference between boy frog stickers and girl frog stickers (don’t ask …), and the girl was carefully pasting each heart in a careful pattern and making it look just so … And yet y’all try to tell me there’s no difference between boys and girls? Yeah, right. There’s a difference, and it ain’t just biology … it’s mental.
Have you noticed that the same people who claim they love differences want everyone to be the same? How on earth does that make sense?!
- Went to several homeschool P.E. classes. I need the exercise. 😉 Seriously, though, I love playing basketball and soccer and dodgeball with our homeschool group. Especially since we get to play rough. No blood, no guts, no game … 😛
- Got to see my friends more often. Several parties/sleepovers/get-togethers. I unashamedly love my friends, and I didn’t get to see them much throughout January, so I was very glad to spend more time with them.
- Finished Flowers at 11,157 words. Yay!!!
- Got the final drafts for the new covers of TDS and IvIn. I can’t wait to share them with you … they are amazing! 🙂
Now on to the dares! (and yes, I do realize that my transitions are awful …)
Continue reading “March 2017 Dares”
Today I’m going to update you on my current projects as briefly as I can, just to give you an idea what I’m working on now. Seriously, guys, I promise to be brief. Like, super brief. Like, I’m probably spending more time explaining it than I will on the actual post.
Before we go on to that, I want your opinions on that graphic up there (^). It’s pretty awful, isn’t it? I literally just stuck some text on a pinkish background and added the little notebook thing. *scowls at own lameness*
Also, I want to tell you that I’m planning a cover reveal this May. I haven’t worked out the details yet, but I’m really excited for it. Willowy Whisper just finished up the cover for Ivy Introspective, and it is gorgeous!
Now, what I was actually supposed to be posting about …
Continue reading “A Quick Works-in-Progress Update”