Whoa. It’s … it’s May already? But … but … I wasn’t finished with April yet! *sobs* I WANT MORE APRIL!!! I want to spend more time working on Once a Stratton. I want to have more time to work on IvIn and TDS.
I don’t want more of this weather, though. Rain, rain, rain. I love rain, but there’s a certain kind of rain that’s just not pleasant … and the kind we’ve been having is bad rain. Bad, bad rain. *glares at rain*
Really, though, April was an improvement of March, but still stressful (as some *cough, cough* earlier posts may have stated). I always feel like I haven’t accomplished much (
and, according to my parents, this is true).
But maybe I have accomplished some stuff. So, before moving on to May, let’s take a peek at April and see what happened.
Continue reading “May 2017 Dares”
Well, March has past, and it’s time to celebrate its going because, to be honest, it really didn’t go so well. Yes, unlike Emily Dickenson, great poet though she may be, I welcome April with open arms.
March and I … we had a falling out this year. We were playing soccer, he insulted me, I slammed him against the wall of the basketball court (yes, we were playing soccer in a basketball court …), he ran away to his momma crying about his boo-boos, I got in trouble … wait, no, that was me and my brother …
Someone needs to tell that kid, “No blood, no guts, no game.”
Now, on with the dares! (notice my sleek new way of doing them! Kinda …)
Continue reading “April 2017 Dares”
When you read that title, you probably went, “Oh, no! Kellyn’s going on [yet another] hiatus!” You’re probably in a state of near-panic, right? Well, aren’t you? Eesh. I can’t believe it makes no difference to you. But the real question is, Are you really leaving us?
Well, I am and I ain’t.
I will be slowing down and concentrating on things other than blogging for the next several weeks (perhaps even months; I haven’t determined an exact time yet); however, I will be making an effort to post every Monday. Some Mondays I won’t, but I’m going to try to. But Reveries will not be my main focus for this period of time.
Why am I on semi-hiatus? I actually have some pretty good reasons. Continue reading “In Which Kellyn Rests”
This may be crazy, but I’ve decided to try to write 15,000 words in April for Camp NaNoWriMo. My project is Once a Stratton, a historical fiction novel set in the 1850s (1855-1858).
What is Camp NaNoWriMo? Well, if you’ve been following me long, you know what NaNoWriMo is (if not, it’s a basically a writing challenge). Camp NaNoWriMo is a much more relaxed version of NaNoWriMo. I can answer any questions about it in the comments.
Anyway, my goal is to write 15,000 words in April. But wait, you say. What’s Once a Stratton about? Well, I anticipated that question, so you can now find a summary (and my awful WIP cover) on the Works-in-Progress page.
I also started a Pinterest board for Once a Stratton, which I’m slowly adding to. (I’m working a lot on my Pinterest boards just now, actually … I’m trying to get all my information sorted!)
Thanks for reading,
- Are you participating in Camp NaNo? If so, would you like to join my cabin? Comment with your Camp NaNo username, and I’ll invite you!
- What do you think of Once a Stratton? Does it sound like a good book?
- Have you read any good books set in the Antebellum South? Let me know about them, because I can’t find a single historical novel set in that era!
Hello all! Time for another dares post, but first we’re trying something new.
- Went to California to visit my sister and her family for a week. Pictures coming Wednesday! Although not very good pictures. I also made some observations about humankind while I was down there (basically, I spied on random people and made mental notes about their behavior … because waiting in airports is boring …), and I got around to asking my sister a question about publishing that I’ve been putting off. (What? I’m stubborn about asking for advice/help … like, really stubborn …)
- Helped my (other) sister host a Valentine’s Day Party for kids. It was so much fun! I got to spend time with both my niece and my nephew while making valentines … and it was amazing to observe the differences in their behavior. The boy was covering his hearts with frog stickers and showing me the difference between boy frog stickers and girl frog stickers (don’t ask …), and the girl was carefully pasting each heart in a careful pattern and making it look just so … And yet y’all try to tell me there’s no difference between boys and girls? Yeah, right. There’s a difference, and it ain’t just biology … it’s mental.
Have you noticed that the same people who claim they love differences want everyone to be the same? How on earth does that make sense?!
- Went to several homeschool P.E. classes. I need the exercise. 😉 Seriously, though, I love playing basketball and soccer and dodgeball with our homeschool group. Especially since we get to play rough. No blood, no guts, no game … 😛
- Got to see my friends more often. Several parties/sleepovers/get-togethers. I unashamedly love my friends, and I didn’t get to see them much throughout January, so I was very glad to spend more time with them.
- Finished Flowers at 11,157 words. Yay!!!
- Got the final drafts for the new covers of TDS and IvIn. I can’t wait to share them with you … they are amazing! 🙂
Now on to the dares! (and yes, I do realize that my transitions are awful …)
Continue reading “March 2017 Dares”
Sorry about the post being so late, guys. I’ve been distracted … by How to Train Your Dragon.
What? I need to spend more time with my brothers, so … okay, you’ve got me; I like HTTYD. Then I’ve been in this kinda mood these last couple days:
And my family is like this:
And I reply:
Seriously, though, we’re gonna have an awesome spotlight this month. So read on, and you’ll … I don’t know. Enjoy this post. And just remember …
Continue reading “February 2017 Spotlight: Goals and Titles (Again)”
Well, it’s time for another round of dares! *shivers* Seriously, though, guys! How time flies! (Wow, I’m a poet!
Which … is actually true … unlike most of the stuff I post on this blog … haha, what? I did not just say that …)
Before you sink your juicy whites into this pearly post (wait …), a brief announcement. This will be the only post on Reveries this week, I’m afraid. I need more brain space. ;)Next Monday, however, we’ll resume with our regular schedule.
Now, on to the dares! Well, you know, a recap of last month’s dares, anyway, because obviously you want to end with fresh hopes instead of faded ones … because I seriously fail at everything I tell myself to do here … but anyway! On with the show! Er, post!
Continue reading “February 2017 Dares”
Wow. Can you believe that it’s 2017? I sure can’t. I mean, I can believe that it’s 2017 … I’m not, like, doubting its existence or anything, but … wow! 2016 was such an amazing year! Almost nothing went wrong. Almost everything went right.
But now we’ve got to move on to a new year. It isn’t 2016 any more. It’s 2017. Again, wow.
Time for a quick recap of what I accomplished in December.
Yeah, I know, I just said we have to move on … but whatever. I’m a girl. Girls aren’t necessarily consistent; it’s a well-known fact.
Continue reading “January 2017 Dares (and New Year’s Resolutions)”