I don’t want March to be over yet. *sniffles* April is going to be super busy, and March was slightly more restful than months past (what with our spring break, having most of this week off work due to the school’s spring break, and now Easter).
On the other hand … I’m excited for April! With Camp NaNo and publishing At Her Fingertips (SQUEEEEEE!), it’s going to be packed full … but I’m going to survive! Somehow! Magically!
Now, because I can’t resist telling you one more time, the signups for the At Her Fingertips blog tour are now open! If you have a blog and would like to help me out, click here and sign up!
Continue reading “April 2018 Dares”
Guess what? It’s already the last day of January! Isn’t that beyond unbelievable? Why, I remember December 31st like it was yesterday. *ripple dissolve*
Seriously, though, folks. I’m excited for February!* I don’t have a lot of great plans for the month, but I’m glad to be starting anew. A lot of things about January didn’t turn out the way I’d planned, so … yep. New beginnings are good!
But … don’t get me wrong! There were good – great – things about January. Let’s review them now!
*as excited for the rain-and-clouds month as one can possibly be …
Continue reading “February 2018 Dares”
Hey there! It’s almost 2018! *much excitement/confusion/anticipation* Can you believe it? I sure can’t. It seemed like only yesterday I was doing that stupid video about New Year’s Resolutions that was super boring.
By the way, ‘Remembrance Day’ is apparently sort of the British ‘Veteran’s Day.’ Which makes that one British book I read called Remembrance make more sense. I was like, “This is a great book, but I don’t see anyone remembering anything?” *is a goof* *is unashamed of that fact*
NOW … let it be known that I have a ton to say in the introduction so that whole paragraph about “remembrance” was in bad taste as now the rest of the introduction will have to be bumped past the original introduction. *has rules about the numbers of paragraphs in the introduction* *shrugs*
Continue reading “How 2017 Went”
A single tear slid down the girl’s pale cheek. Her lips trembled, and she breathed slowly, evenly to prevent her sobs from ripping from her throat. Her mascara, a sickly dark brown color, stuck to her lower eyelashes, giving the appearance of a tween who has no idea how to do her face. She picked up her pencil and lowered it to the page of calculations, her hand trembling …
That’s right – it’s that time again. When children are chained to their desks and forced to learn things they don’t even need to learn just for the sake of keeping them out from under their parents’ feet.
Anywho, we’re back to dares! You missed ’em, didn’t you? Oh, c’mon, I know you did. All the fun of seeing me not accomplish things and chuckling quietly about it to yourself.
You do it. I know you do.
Continue reading “September 2017 Dares & Summer Ends”
Wowza … July already? I know I’ve said this practically every month, but time flies. Time is like the jet plane of flying. I dislike time mightily …
I feel like I didn’t do a lot in June, but I did publish two books. So that includes a lot of formatting and sweat and blood and such. #NoBloodNoGutsNoGame #OrNoBook*
Anyways, let’s move on! Well, actually, we’re moving back ’cause we’re reviewing June. Which reminds me of how much reviewing I need to do. *shivers*
*My friend Bailey told me that I need to capitalize the first letter of #hashtags with more than one word so it’s easier to read. Like #IDontKnowWhyImHashtagging But no punctuation. ‘Cause even I won’t break that rule …
When you read that title, you probably went, “Oh, no! Kellyn’s going on [yet another] hiatus!” You’re probably in a state of near-panic, right? Well, aren’t you? Eesh. I can’t believe it makes no difference to you. But the real question is, Are you really leaving us?
Well, I am and I ain’t.
I will be slowing down and concentrating on things other than blogging for the next several weeks (perhaps even months; I haven’t determined an exact time yet); however, I will be making an effort to post every Monday. Some Mondays I won’t, but I’m going to try to. But Reveries will not be my main focus for this period of time.
Why am I on semi-hiatus? I actually have some pretty good reasons. Continue reading “In Which Kellyn Rests”
This may be crazy, but I’ve decided to try to write 15,000 words in April for Camp NaNoWriMo. My project is Once a Stratton, a historical fiction novel set in the 1850s (1855-1858).
What is Camp NaNoWriMo? Well, if you’ve been following me long, you know what NaNoWriMo is (if not, it’s a basically a writing challenge). Camp NaNoWriMo is a much more relaxed version of NaNoWriMo. I can answer any questions about it in the comments.
Anyway, my goal is to write 15,000 words in April. But wait, you say. What’s Once a Stratton about? Well, I anticipated that question, so you can now find a summary (and my awful WIP cover) on the Works-in-Progress page.
I also started a Pinterest board for Once a Stratton, which I’m slowly adding to. (I’m working a lot on my Pinterest boards just now, actually … I’m trying to get all my information sorted!)
Thanks for reading,
- Are you participating in Camp NaNo? If so, would you like to join my cabin? Comment with your Camp NaNo username, and I’ll invite you!
- What do you think of Once a Stratton? Does it sound like a good book?
- Have you read any good books set in the Antebellum South? Let me know about them, because I can’t find a single historical novel set in that era!
Hello all! Time for another dares post, but first we’re trying something new.
- Went to California to visit my sister and her family for a week. Pictures coming Wednesday! Although not very good pictures. I also made some observations about humankind while I was down there (basically, I spied on random people and made mental notes about their behavior … because waiting in airports is boring …), and I got around to asking my sister a question about publishing that I’ve been putting off. (What? I’m stubborn about asking for advice/help … like, really stubborn …)
- Helped my (other) sister host a Valentine’s Day Party for kids. It was so much fun! I got to spend time with both my niece and my nephew while making valentines … and it was amazing to observe the differences in their behavior. The boy was covering his hearts with frog stickers and showing me the difference between boy frog stickers and girl frog stickers (don’t ask …), and the girl was carefully pasting each heart in a careful pattern and making it look just so … And yet y’all try to tell me there’s no difference between boys and girls? Yeah, right. There’s a difference, and it ain’t just biology … it’s mental.
Have you noticed that the same people who claim they love differences want everyone to be the same? How on earth does that make sense?!
- Went to several homeschool P.E. classes. I need the exercise. 😉 Seriously, though, I love playing basketball and soccer and dodgeball with our homeschool group. Especially since we get to play rough. No blood, no guts, no game … 😛
- Got to see my friends more often. Several parties/sleepovers/get-togethers. I unashamedly love my friends, and I didn’t get to see them much throughout January, so I was very glad to spend more time with them.
- Finished Flowers at 11,157 words. Yay!!!
- Got the final drafts for the new covers of TDS and IvIn. I can’t wait to share them with you … they are amazing! 🙂
Now on to the dares! (and yes, I do realize that my transitions are awful …)
Continue reading “March 2017 Dares”
Well, it’s time for another round of dares! *shivers* Seriously, though, guys! How time flies! (Wow, I’m a poet!
Which … is actually true … unlike most of the stuff I post on this blog … haha, what? I did not just say that …)
Before you sink your juicy whites into this pearly post (wait …), a brief announcement. This will be the only post on Reveries this week, I’m afraid. I need more brain space. ;)Next Monday, however, we’ll resume with our regular schedule.
Now, on to the dares! Well, you know, a recap of last month’s dares, anyway, because obviously you want to end with fresh hopes instead of faded ones … because I seriously fail at everything I tell myself to do here … but anyway! On with the show! Er, post!
Continue reading “February 2017 Dares”
Wow. Can you believe that it’s 2017? I sure can’t. I mean, I can believe that it’s 2017 … I’m not, like, doubting its existence or anything, but … wow! 2016 was such an amazing year! Almost nothing went wrong. Almost everything went right.
But now we’ve got to move on to a new year. It isn’t 2016 any more. It’s 2017. Again, wow.
Time for a quick recap of what I accomplished in December.
Yeah, I know, I just said we have to move on … but whatever. I’m a girl. Girls aren’t necessarily consistent; it’s a well-known fact.
Continue reading “January 2017 Dares (and New Year’s Resolutions)”