A couple days ago, I drummed up a new schedule for my *clears throat important* personal improvement.
I’m getting up at 6:30 every morning (except on the weekends).
I’m going to bed at 10:30 (well, more like 11:30 … or later … but I’m trying).
I’m getting all my jobs done earlier than I did before.
However, most importantly, I’m allotting special times for writing, editing, blogging, training Riley, practicing my clarinet, reading the Bible, and all that other lovely stuff … most of which I actually enjoy doing but just don’t get time for!
I decided to share a copy of my schedule with you. I’ve posted it on my board in my room (along with all my goals and stuff), so it’s official. 🙂
Most of the times are approximate. For instance, I claimed that I’m not going to be done with school and lunch until 2:00. Weeeeell, today I was down at 1:30 and most days it’s earlier. However, am I changing the schedule? No. Why? Because giving myself extra time is really working for me.
Well, that’s all for today, folks! I know this was short, but as a general rule there will be shorter posts on Fridays. So. Here we are on a Friday. Being brief. *bows*
As most of you know, I took a trip to California with my parents last week. I took quite a few pictures while I was there, and today I’ll be sharing a few of them with you.
However, before you move on to my excellent photography, I’d like to direct you attention to this poll. If you have a moment, hop over there and vote for The Lady of the Vineyard! If TLOTV gets enough votes, it will be “Book of the Month” over there are Long and Short Reviews (YA), which would be a huge honor for me. 🙂
Now, without further ado, the California trip!
Hello all! Time for another dares post, but first we’re trying something new.
- Went to California to visit my sister and her family for a week. Pictures coming Wednesday! Although not very good pictures. I also made some observations about humankind while I was down there (basically, I spied on random people and made mental notes about their behavior … because waiting in airports is boring …), and I got around to asking my sister a question about publishing that I’ve been putting off. (What? I’m stubborn about asking for advice/help … like, really stubborn …)
- Helped my (other) sister host a Valentine’s Day Party for kids. It was so much fun! I got to spend time with both my niece and my nephew while making valentines … and it was amazing to observe the differences in their behavior. The boy was covering his hearts with frog stickers and showing me the difference between boy frog stickers and girl frog stickers (don’t ask …), and the girl was carefully pasting each heart in a careful pattern and making it look just so … And yet y’all try to tell me there’s no difference between boys and girls? Yeah, right. There’s a difference, and it ain’t just biology … it’s mental.
Have you noticed that the same people who claim they love differences want everyone to be the same? How on earth does that make sense?!
- Went to several homeschool P.E. classes. I need the exercise. 😉 Seriously, though, I love playing basketball and soccer and dodgeball with our homeschool group. Especially since we get to play rough. No blood, no guts, no game … 😛
- Got to see my friends more often. Several parties/sleepovers/get-togethers. I unashamedly love my friends, and I didn’t get to see them much throughout January, so I was very glad to spend more time with them.
- Finished Flowers at 11,157 words. Yay!!!
- Got the final drafts for the new covers of TDS and IvIn. I can’t wait to share them with you … they are amazing! 🙂
Now on to the dares! (and yes, I do realize that my transitions are awful …)
Before you read this, you must promise not to hate any of the characters. Well, not much. You can hate them a little … but you can’t hate the story. Hating the story is decidedly not allowed. It’s off limits. Don’t even think about it.
As you can see, I’m testing out the ‘featured image’ setting for this theme. In my opinion, you should always have a featured image … and I never do. So, henceforth, there shall be a featured image.
Assuming I like the way this theme does featured images … so I guess that’s more of a ‘maybe’ than a ‘shall be.’
Oh, and this section has Christianity in it. Consider yourself warned. 😛
Parts 1 and 2 ~ Part 3 ~ Part 4
I’m in California, guys! Been here since Saturday. And … nothing big to report here. I’ll probably post some pictures next week (as in the week after this week). Stay tuned for that.
I admit ‘cats’ is completely random, unless you count the one sleeping behind me on the couch. Which is my bed at the moment. His name is Bruce – he’s my sister’s – and he bears a ridiculously strong resemblance to Garfield.
This is what you’ve all been waiting for, right? You all were patient, looking at my Californias and cats, when this was really what you wanted to read about.
Well, I shan’t disappoint.
Sorry about the post being so late, guys. I’ve been distracted … by How to Train Your Dragon.
What? I need to spend more time with my brothers, so … okay, you’ve got me; I like HTTYD. Then I’ve been in this kinda mood these last couple days:
And my family is like this:
And I reply:
Seriously, though, we’re gonna have an awesome spotlight this month. So read on, and you’ll … I don’t know. Enjoy this post. And just remember …