HELLO FRIENDS. Long time, no see! Well, okay, it’s only been a couple days since Wednesday, but lots has happened, and I’m more than ready to get back to our regularly scheduled programming!
This month we have some great dares for you (all taken from my extremely long to-do list, haha … NaNo is all-consuming, like I said!). And … we also have a lot of updates. And some plans for the coming months. Though I’m trying to make this post super short so you can skim it and then next week we’ll have #awesome again.
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?
Continue reading “December 2017 Dares”
A single tear slid down the girl’s pale cheek. Her lips trembled, and she breathed slowly, evenly to prevent her sobs from ripping from her throat. Her mascara, a sickly dark brown color, stuck to her lower eyelashes, giving the appearance of a tween who has no idea how to do her face. She picked up her pencil and lowered it to the page of calculations, her hand trembling …
That’s right – it’s that time again. When children are chained to their desks and forced to learn things they don’t even need to learn just for the sake of keeping them out from under their parents’ feet.
Anywho, we’re back to dares! You missed ’em, didn’t you? Oh, c’mon, I know you did. All the fun of seeing me not accomplish things and chuckling quietly about it to yourself.
You do it. I know you do.
Continue reading “September 2017 Dares & Summer Ends”
Wowza … July already? I know I’ve said this practically every month, but time flies. Time is like the jet plane of flying. I dislike time mightily …
I feel like I didn’t do a lot in June, but I did publish two books. So that includes a lot of formatting and sweat and blood and such. #NoBloodNoGutsNoGame #OrNoBook*
Anyways, let’s move on! Well, actually, we’re moving back ’cause we’re reviewing June. Which reminds me of how much reviewing I need to do. *shivers*
*My friend Bailey told me that I need to capitalize the first letter of #hashtags with more than one word so it’s easier to read. Like #IDontKnowWhyImHashtagging But no punctuation. ‘Cause even I won’t break that rule …
GUYS! It’s June! Can you believe it? It’s like … the best month of the year! Besides August, of course. August is da best. #prejudiced
Seriously, though, June marks the end of school and the beginning of summer. I love summer, and I expect a lot to happen in this one. Remember, we’ve got the blog tour (and the accompanying publication, of course, duh), but I’m also having my sixteenth birthday and when you turn sixteen, exciting stuff happens. #driving
Also, I’m probably getting horse riding lessons this summer (AAAAAAAAAAAH! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!!), and I’m volunteering a local museum as a docent. #showingpeoplearound #lotsahashtags #idontknowwhy
Anyway, onto the dares! Well, the May recap, buuuuuut …
Continue reading “June 2017 Dares”
Whoa. It’s … it’s May already? But … but … I wasn’t finished with April yet! *sobs* I WANT MORE APRIL!!! I want to spend more time working on Once a Stratton. I want to have more time to work on IvIn and TDS.
I don’t want more of this weather, though. Rain, rain, rain. I love rain, but there’s a certain kind of rain that’s just not pleasant … and the kind we’ve been having is bad rain. Bad, bad rain. *glares at rain*
Really, though, April was an improvement of March, but still stressful (as some *cough, cough* earlier posts may have stated). I always feel like I haven’t accomplished much (
and, according to my parents, this is true).
But maybe I have accomplished some stuff. So, before moving on to May, let’s take a peek at April and see what happened.
Continue reading “May 2017 Dares”
Well, March has past, and it’s time to celebrate its going because, to be honest, it really didn’t go so well. Yes, unlike Emily Dickenson, great poet though she may be, I welcome April with open arms.
March and I … we had a falling out this year. We were playing soccer, he insulted me, I slammed him against the wall of the basketball court (yes, we were playing soccer in a basketball court …), he ran away to his momma crying about his boo-boos, I got in trouble … wait, no, that was me and my brother …
Someone needs to tell that kid, “No blood, no guts, no game.”
Now, on with the dares! (notice my sleek new way of doing them! Kinda …)
Continue reading “April 2017 Dares”
Hello all! Time for another dares post, but first we’re trying something new.
- Went to California to visit my sister and her family for a week. Pictures coming Wednesday! Although not very good pictures. I also made some observations about humankind while I was down there (basically, I spied on random people and made mental notes about their behavior … because waiting in airports is boring …), and I got around to asking my sister a question about publishing that I’ve been putting off. (What? I’m stubborn about asking for advice/help … like, really stubborn …)
- Helped my (other) sister host a Valentine’s Day Party for kids. It was so much fun! I got to spend time with both my niece and my nephew while making valentines … and it was amazing to observe the differences in their behavior. The boy was covering his hearts with frog stickers and showing me the difference between boy frog stickers and girl frog stickers (don’t ask …), and the girl was carefully pasting each heart in a careful pattern and making it look just so … And yet y’all try to tell me there’s no difference between boys and girls? Yeah, right. There’s a difference, and it ain’t just biology … it’s mental.
Have you noticed that the same people who claim they love differences want everyone to be the same? How on earth does that make sense?!
- Went to several homeschool P.E. classes. I need the exercise. 😉 Seriously, though, I love playing basketball and soccer and dodgeball with our homeschool group. Especially since we get to play rough. No blood, no guts, no game … 😛
- Got to see my friends more often. Several parties/sleepovers/get-togethers. I unashamedly love my friends, and I didn’t get to see them much throughout January, so I was very glad to spend more time with them.
- Finished Flowers at 11,157 words. Yay!!!
- Got the final drafts for the new covers of TDS and IvIn. I can’t wait to share them with you … they are amazing! 🙂
Now on to the dares! (and yes, I do realize that my transitions are awful …)
Continue reading “March 2017 Dares”
Well, it’s time for another round of dares! *shivers* Seriously, though, guys! How time flies! (Wow, I’m a poet!
Which … is actually true … unlike most of the stuff I post on this blog … haha, what? I did not just say that …)
Before you sink your juicy whites into this pearly post (wait …), a brief announcement. This will be the only post on Reveries this week, I’m afraid. I need more brain space. ;)Next Monday, however, we’ll resume with our regular schedule.
Now, on to the dares! Well, you know, a recap of last month’s dares, anyway, because obviously you want to end with fresh hopes instead of faded ones … because I seriously fail at everything I tell myself to do here … but anyway! On with the show! Er, post!
Continue reading “February 2017 Dares”
Wow. Can you believe that it’s 2017? I sure can’t. I mean, I can believe that it’s 2017 … I’m not, like, doubting its existence or anything, but … wow! 2016 was such an amazing year! Almost nothing went wrong. Almost everything went right.
But now we’ve got to move on to a new year. It isn’t 2016 any more. It’s 2017. Again, wow.
Time for a quick recap of what I accomplished in December.
Yeah, I know, I just said we have to move on … but whatever. I’m a girl. Girls aren’t necessarily consistent; it’s a well-known fact.
Continue reading “January 2017 Dares (and New Year’s Resolutions)”
Once again we come around to our dares. As I skipped the month of November dare-wise (as all I wanted to do was write At Her Fingertips, which I did succeed at), I have nothing to fill you in on.
That’s right. This month you don’t get to scroll through my post laughing maniacally at all the “Failed” dares.
Oh, that’s not what you do? Ha! As if I’d believe you’re actually a kind person who wouldn’t giggle at another person’s failure!
Actually, I do believe you’re a kind person … at heart. Unless you’re demon-possessed or something. In which case … why are you following me?! AWAY FROM ME DEMON!!!
Continue reading “December 2016 Dares”