Hello all! Time for another dares post, but first we’re trying something new.
- Went to California to visit my sister and her family for a week. Pictures coming Wednesday! Although not very good pictures. I also made some observations about humankind while I was down there (basically, I spied on random people and made mental notes about their behavior … because waiting in airports is boring …), and I got around to asking my sister a question about publishing that I’ve been putting off. (What? I’m stubborn about asking for advice/help … like, really stubborn …)
- Helped my (other) sister host a Valentine’s Day Party for kids. It was so much fun! I got to spend time with both my niece and my nephew while making valentines … and it was amazing to observe the differences in their behavior. The boy was covering his hearts with frog stickers and showing me the difference between boy frog stickers and girl frog stickers (don’t ask …), and the girl was carefully pasting each heart in a careful pattern and making it look just so … And yet y’all try to tell me there’s no difference between boys and girls? Yeah, right. There’s a difference, and it ain’t just biology … it’s mental.
Have you noticed that the same people who claim they love differences want everyone to be the same? How on earth does that make sense?!
- Went to several homeschool P.E. classes. I need the exercise. 😉 Seriously, though, I love playing basketball and soccer and dodgeball with our homeschool group. Especially since we get to play rough. No blood, no guts, no game … 😛
- Got to see my friends more often. Several parties/sleepovers/get-togethers. I unashamedly love my friends, and I didn’t get to see them much throughout January, so I was very glad to spend more time with them.
- Finished Flowers at 11,157 words. Yay!!!
- Got the final drafts for the new covers of TDS and IvIn. I can’t wait to share them with you … they are amazing! 🙂
Now on to the dares! (and yes, I do realize that my transitions are awful …)
Well, it’s time for another round of dares! *shivers* Seriously, though, guys! How time flies! (Wow, I’m a poet!
Which … is actually true … unlike most of the stuff I post on this blog … haha, what? I did not just say that …)
Before you sink your juicy whites into this pearly post (wait …), a brief announcement. This will be the only post on Reveries this week, I’m afraid. I need more brain space. ;)Next Monday, however, we’ll resume with our regular schedule.
Now, on to the dares! Well, you know, a recap of last month’s dares, anyway, because obviously you want to end with fresh hopes instead of faded ones … because I seriously fail at everything I tell myself to do here … but anyway! On with the show! Er, post!
Wow. Can you believe that it’s 2017? I sure can’t. I mean, I can believe that it’s 2017 … I’m not, like, doubting its existence or anything, but … wow! 2016 was such an amazing year! Almost nothing went wrong. Almost everything went right.
But now we’ve got to move on to a new year. It isn’t 2016 any more. It’s 2017. Again, wow.
Time for a quick recap of what I accomplished in December.
Yeah, I know, I just said we have to move on … but whatever. I’m a girl. Girls aren’t necessarily consistent; it’s a well-known fact.
Once again we come around to our dares. As I skipped the month of November dare-wise (as all I wanted to do was write At Her Fingertips, which I did succeed at), I have nothing to fill you in on.
That’s right. This month you don’t get to scroll through my post laughing maniacally at all the “Failed” dares.
Oh, that’s not what you do? Ha! As if I’d believe you’re actually a kind person who wouldn’t giggle at another person’s failure!
Actually, I do believe you’re a kind person … at heart. Unless you’re demon-possessed or something. In which case … why are you following me?! AWAY FROM ME DEMON!!!
Okay, let me start out this post with saying I will only be posting sporadically throughout November.
I plan to give you a general update one a week – I’m thinking Mondays or Thursdays. I’m also planning to reblog the two posts I’ll be making on Send the Light (we finally got organized thanks to the efforts of the wonderful Lainey!) during this coming month. Other than that, I’m not planning anything else. I can’t waste time writing blog posts when I’ve got 1,700 words to write every day!
As far as Reveries Reviews, I don’t know. I need to review a lot of books, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the reviews out during November. I know I’m not going to read much if at all during November, so.
I feel incredibly guilty … so many books to review …
Now, before I go on to
ramble talk about the coming November, I’m going to give you a quick update to let you know how I accomplished October’s dares, although October isn’t quite over yet … 😉
Well. I can’t believe September is over already! That went by in the flash. 😛 Well, let’s see how I did this September! 🙂
Dares for September 2016
- Read five books. Check! I think I read … eight? And those are only the ones I remembered to mark on Goodreads … that weren’t for school … 😛 Also, here’s a link to the reviews I posted on Reveries Reviews in September.
- But one of those books has to be a classic. Check! Mansfield Park! *dances*
- And another has to be a nonfiction book about something historical that you could actually apply in a story. Kinda. I haven’t gotten all the way through How to be a Victorian yet.
- Finish Ivy Introspective. Kinda. Um … I’m at 42,000 words. See slideshow at the bottom of this post. Start with the matchbox if you can. It’s better that way. Trust me.
- Character development for At Her Fingertips. Kinda. Mostly, that is. I’ve figured out most of them and gotten them all organized in my head, but I’m not finished.
- Edit A Place Called Lonesome. Check! I did. I submitted it to the contest … and lost. But then, so did everyone else but the winner, so I don’t feel bad. 😉 I’m renaming the story and I’ll be publishing it on this blog in December-ish … so stay tuned! 🙂
Hi everyone! You remember this post? I hope you do, because I’m not going to explain monthly dares again. 😉
Okay, allow me to tell you how my dares for August went! 🙂
Dares for August 2016
- Read ten books. Check!
- But one of those books has to be Persuasion. Check!
- And another one has to be from your review pile. Check!
I think I read fourteen books in August … and those are only the ones I actually remembered to record on Goodreads. I finished Persuasion. And … this one, this one, and this one were all from my review pile.
In the future, I’ll give you a summary of the books I read in the past month here, but summer messed me up! 😉
- Finish the first draft of Ivy Introspective. Failed!
- Finish editing The Lady of the Vineyard. Check!
- Outline At Her Fingertips. Check!
- Set up blog tour. Check!
Obviously I’ve been slacking on writing (except for writing a whole short story, parts of Once a Stratton, parts of Caught in a Spell, and parts of other books I haven’t even talked about on here at all!), but TLOTV is all ready to go except for the actual publishing, AHF is outlined, and the blog tour is set up. I still have some people who haven’t done the interview yet, but … well, I’m gonna blame that on them.
I’ve got 33,000 words on IvIn. I think I’m not going to shoot for more than 40,000 on the first draft. I have so much to add in! I mean, the first draft of TDS was only 36,000 words.