Hello Ladies and Gents! It’s finally time to list my goals for the New Year (as well as my January 2018 Dares). Are you as pumped for 2018 as I am?!
However, before we begin, I’d like to invite you to beta-read At Her Fingertips! I talked about this at the end of the last post and gave more details. You can sign up using this form. The signups will be open until mid-January though beta-reading will begin as soon as I rewrite one last scene! (So pretty soon!)
Also, sorry for this post being a little late! I’m sick, and I just haven’t been able to pull myself away from editing At Her Fingertips, to be honest. And I have a couple other projects I want to finish before the New Year, sooo … yep.
January 2018 Dares
- Read a classic.
- THIS IS IMPORTANT.
- BECAUSE I DO NOT READ ENOUGH QUALITY BOOKS.
- Finish all those random books in your closet.
- Seriously. There are still like two. And there will be more because I just ordered seven books* from Amazon.
- Read a book on writing.
- I want to read more writing-craft books.
- Because I honestly need some improvement.
- And anyway, it is something I enjoy. #notusuallyanonfictionperson
*I’m not ashamed. I’m just pleased that I got them all with a $40 giftcard. #usedbooks
- Publish Flowers.
- I SHALL DO THIS.
- ON THE 13TH!
- Y’ALL BE READY.
- (Also, I’m thinking about putting together some sort of party? Any ideas?)
- Start working with beta-readers for At Her Fingertips.
- (You can sign up to beta-read here.)
- Work on that other project that shall go unnamed.
- I’ll talk about it later.
But there is a hint about the novel in the Life section. *whistles innocently*
- Stick to the schedule.
- I CAN DO IT.
- (Not I can’t.)
- BUT I SHALL TRY AND BE A GOOD BLOGGER.
- Get 520 Followers.
- Why not?
- (and yes, that is a random number … but it’s attainable? I think?)
- (attainable is good)
- PUBLISH. POSTS. ON. RR.
- I MEAN IT THIS TIME.
- IT’S GOING TO HAPPEN.
- REVIEWS AND OTHER POSTS AND SUCH.
- Practice my clarinet and saxophone.
- I feel like this will always and forever be a life goal???
- But I’m going to be in two really good bands now, so I need to crack down on myself.
- Work with Aubrey.
- This is very important.
- Because she is so intelligent, and she just needs fine-tuning to be a great, obedient dog.
- Visit my grandparents – at least a couple times.
- I know, same Dare as last time again!
- But when I don’t do something one month, I have to do it the next month.
- ALSO, I have a lot of questions about what my town was like in 1942 (#motivation). For reasons. *wiggles eyebrows*
- (They weren’t alive during this time, but their parents were, and they probably remember a bit about Celilo Falls.)
My New Year’s Goals
(and yes, there are purposefully eighteen … because it’s 2018 …) (and I’m not willing to do 2,018 *nods*) (that would be ridiculous)
Publish At Her Fingertips.
- On April 22nd, more specifically.
- *is over the moon excited about this*
Rewrite Beyond Her Calling.
- THIS NEEDS DONE SO BADLY.
- It’s terrible, guys. I honestly have no idea whatsoever how I’m going to fix it. It’s just … sickening. *sighs*
Publish Beyond Her Calling.
- I don’t know if this will happen or not, but … dream big?
Write and begin editing Alice Unanswered.
- *is mysteriously holding back many details about this book* *grins*
Finish writing Once a Stratton.
- It’s at 42K now, which, based on all the stuff I have to cram into it before the end (not even exaggerating) will lead it to be about 70K finished.
- Which is feasible.
Write two other full-length novels.
- *mysteriously keeping this back*
- *because I’m not sure what they will be*
- (But one will be a NaNoWriMo novel, and I’m thinking I’ll write the other in the summer whatever it ends up being.)
Participate in Camp NaNo and NaNoWriMo.
- I mean write at least 50K both times.
- Oh, yeah!
Cut down on procrastination while writing, editing, etc.
- I’m not sure how I’ll go about this, but I will. Somehow.
- Perhaps just by not chasing every plot bunny in sight.
- Let the plot bunnies plot bunny on.
Make a plan for your next couple years in writing.
- Plans are good! Though lacking in my life at the moment.
- THIS CHANGES NOW.
Practice the clarinet and saxophone.
Graduate from high school.
- My mom will not let me not accomplish this one. 😛
Make a budget and stick to it.
- (Which is actually not a huge problem I have unless if I just randomly buy something? I have no use for money, to be honest. *shrugs*)
Read less – but read quality.
- Because reading 50 bad or just mediocre books does me no good.
- But reading 1 good or amazing book does me great!
- *makes sense*
Get 818 followers on Reveries.
- I know, I’m a little crazy, but I’m gonna go for it!
Blog more regularly on Reveries Reviews.
- Hahahaha … yep.
Enjoy this summer – but be semi-productive.
- Because summer belongs to you. *subtle Phineas and Ferb reference*
Start a Bible study.
- I’ve always wanted to do this, and I think the time is ripe!
Have a little more of life.
- Because right now I’m not actually living.
- I’m an undead zombie.
- True story.
Now, you may have noticed that this post is rather brief. Well, that is true. As I mentioned earlier, I am rather sick, and I have several deadlines looming over me.
So. I shall leave you now and hope you enjoyed this brief post. 😛
And now, until we meet again,
What are your goals for 2018? For January 2018 specifically? What are some things you are looking forward to in 2018? In January?
Also, I’ll hopefully be posting a video on my YouTube channel soon-ish in which I talk about my favorite 2017 books. So … look out for that!