GUYS! It’s June! Can you believe it? It’s like … the best month of the year! Besides August, of course. August is da best. #prejudiced
Seriously, though, June marks the end of school and the beginning of summer. I love summer, and I expect a lot to happen in this one. Remember, we’ve got the blog tour (and the accompanying publication, of course, duh), but I’m also having my sixteenth birthday and when you turn sixteen, exciting stuff happens. #driving
Also, I’m probably getting horse riding lessons this summer (AAAAAAAAAAAH! I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!!), and I’m volunteering a local museum as a docent. #showingpeoplearound #lotsahashtags #idontknowwhy
Anyway, onto the dares! Well, the May recap, buuuuuut …
Looing Back At May …
Finish up IvIn and TDS.
Weeeell, I guess I just finished with TDS. I’ve now submitted it for review on Createspace so I can get my proof copies. I’m still doing my pre-proof-copy proofs on IvIn. #complicated #authorproblems
Cook dinner for my family at least once.
*whole family rolls eyes*
Okay, so it was just a pasta salad, but … some people practically live on pasta salad. True story. *nods convincingly*
Set up signups for the blog tours for IvIn and TDS.
Actually, you should sign up. Now. (What? Soon-to-be-published authors get pushy. Even if this is their second tour …)
I’ve had nineteen people sign up as of yet. I’d like a few more. There’s no one signed up for the 25th at all, either. *worries*
Read. The. Bible.
*sobs* THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER TO FAIL AT! Guys, I’m horrible at Christianing. I mean it.
Practice clarinet. Every. Single. Day.
Okay, so I did practice a lot more (and the concert went well, by the way), but … I didn’t practice every day. So, yeah.
Be a consistent, professional, and fun blogger.
IDK. ( XD )
You can be the judge of that.
I didn’t take too many because, like I said, my camera is broken.
Stop talking to yourself.
Sorry, guys! I just ain’t happening … if anything, it’s increased.
And then I did some reading …
Seventeen! *is on fire* Sooo … I finished Child of the Sea (which I’ve been reading forever) and The 39 Steps and The Scarlet Pimpernel. So this was a good month for classic-reading. You can also see A Tale of Two Cities, though I technically haven’t finished it. But I’m calling it a May read. *shrugs*
Other Stuff that Happened in May
- My mom’s birthday. I can’t say how old she is, though. 😉
- My niece’s birthday. She’s six. Just like Judy …
- Soccer games with the homeschool group. So much fun!
- Friends over for a day at the creek and just hanging out. Again, fun!
- Dissected a worm, a crayfish, a fish, and a frog. Most fun I’ve had in years. 😛
- Band concerting. Actually, we had two concerts. Both were fairly well-done, though the second one definitely went off better. I play the clarinet. I’m gonna start saxophone again, though. So that’s exciting.
- The cover reveal.
- School ended! YAYAYAYAY!
June is upon us! RUN OR BE SUMMERED!
(Note: I’m returning to my old dares format to a certain extent. The old one just gave me too much freedom to be lazy and do less daring and more lazy…ing.)
- Read fifteen books. It’s totally possible. I’ve done it before. I’ll do it again.
*pulls out a bunch of picture books*
- Two must be classics. That’s right, two! #classicallyminded #isdying #deathbydare
- Three must be review copies. Because I need to catch up sooo bad, guys!
- Five must be from your summer reading list. Which I have one of. Probably will be sharing it on Reveries Reviews eventually.
- Two must be to-be-read books. TBR books are books that I want to read for fun that are on my TBR. They’re almost always historical romances. #complicated #makessensetomeonly
- Publish TDS and IvIn. Seems pretty simple … #daresclaimmorevictims
- Write up to 35K of Once a Stratton. I mean, I’ll just be publishing, right? So I should have a little time for writing, right? #intheory #intheoryneverworks #whowillputthebellaroundthecatsneck? (Points if you get the reference!)
- Brainstorm for a Snow White retelling. I’m considering entering the Rooglewood Press fairytale contest. So yep.
- Organize my snippets, plot bunnies, and other to-be-writtens. This really something that needs to be done …
- Outline that story I’m not telling my readers about yet. *is mysterious* But seriously, I don’t know how long I’ll be able to keep it a secret …
- Be an awesome blog tour host. *fistpumps*
- Get 400 followers. What? That’d only be 75 entire people. *realizes that crazy* *hides in fear* *falls into the abyss* *is wearing a jetpack*
- Keep working on graphics. #causeitneverstops #somuchtolearn
- Keep up with commenting. It’s sooo hard, ’cause you miss a couple days and then there’s like fifty blog posts to read … it’s overwhelming, frankly.
- Talk about myself less. I mean, this month I’m going to have a blog tour when basically all I do is talk about myself, but the rest of the time, I want to be less focused on me, me, me!
- Participate in life more. #becausethatswhatlifedaresareabout My imaginary worlds are more than lovely, but I sometimes need to peek out of them. The time to do that is in June!
- Knit, embroider, bake, play the piano, and hike on the place. I love to do these things, and I don’t anymore! I don’t know why, but it’s time to start again.
- Practice my clarinet, saxophone, and guitar. BECAUSE I JUST NEED TO!
- Visit my grandparents at least thrice. Or more. More would be better …
- Ride my bike at least four times a week. Because my out-of-shape-ness disgusts me. And I just enjoy it. And it will (hopefully) make me feel like an amazing person. #falsesenseofcoolness #verificationfromworldlystuff #thatwasstupid
Well, that’s it! Thanks for reading!
What do you think of my dares for this month? Do you have any “dares” for yourself? Are you partial to June? What’s your favorite month of the year? Does that correspond with your birthday month?