When you read that title, you probably went, “Oh, no! Kellyn’s going on [yet another] hiatus!” You’re probably in a state of near-panic, right? Well, aren’t you? Eesh. I can’t believe it makes no difference to you. But the real question is, Are you really leaving us?
Well, I am and I ain’t.
I will be slowing down and concentrating on things other than blogging for the next several weeks (perhaps even months; I haven’t determined an exact time yet); however, I will be making an effort to post every Monday. Some Mondays I won’t, but I’m going to try to. But Reveries will not be my main focus for this period of time.
Why am I on semi-hiatus? I actually have some pretty good reasons.
- I don’t have time. That’s the simple truth of the matter! I’m swamped with books to edit, novels to read, reviews to post, and all manner of other commitments. And that’s not even within the realms of what my mother terms ‘real life.’ I’m falling behind on my Bible-reading, on my instrument-practicing, and on my dog-training.
- My posts are losing quality. Never forsake quality for quantity. I simply don’t have time to make my posts worthwhile just now. I dish them out – usually hours late – with no regard to how they look or sound or if what I’m saying is even worthwhile. It shouldn’t be like that. One really good post a week is going to be much better than three moderately good ones.
- I need to refresh. I think, every once and a while, every blogger should take a break and let themselves think up new things to post about, etc. I actually have some ideas for blog series and interesting posts now, to be honest, but I want to think them out and plan them and such. I want to come back big.
Those are good reasons, right? But what am I going to be doing while I’m gone?
- Getting better. This sickness ends now!
- Editing more faithfully.
- Writing more faithfully.
- Organizing my post ideas.
- Outlining/plotting various books.
- Practicing my clarinet and guitar.
- Reading the Bible and praying.
- Training Riley.
- Reading a lot.
- Reviewing a lot. (Reveries Reviews will still be up and running!)
Au revoir et bonne chance, mi amigos y amigas. Deo pacis vobiscum! (Yes, that was three languages … and yes, I did do that all by myself. That’s why you can understand it. Because I don’t really speak French, Spanish, or Latin.)
- If you’re a blogger, have you ever gone on a ‘hiatus’? How did it work for you?
- Even if you don’t blog, do you sometimes feel a need to rest from all your commitments? How do you go about doing that?
- Is there anything you’re involved in right now that’s overwhelming you? Why? How can you lessen the burden so it’s not so stressful?
- What do you think of my plans for the next several weeks (or months)?