Hello all! Time for another dares post, but first we’re trying something new.
- Went to California to visit my sister and her family for a week. Pictures coming Wednesday! Although not very good pictures. I also made some observations about humankind while I was down there (basically, I spied on random people and made mental notes about their behavior … because waiting in airports is boring …), and I got around to asking my sister a question about publishing that I’ve been putting off. (What? I’m stubborn about asking for advice/help … like, really stubborn …)
- Helped my (other) sister host a Valentine’s Day Party for kids. It was so much fun! I got to spend time with both my niece and my nephew while making valentines … and it was amazing to observe the differences in their behavior. The boy was covering his hearts with frog stickers and showing me the difference between boy frog stickers and girl frog stickers (don’t ask …), and the girl was carefully pasting each heart in a careful pattern and making it look just so … And yet y’all try to tell me there’s no difference between boys and girls? Yeah, right. There’s a difference, and it ain’t just biology … it’s mental.
Have you noticed that the same people who claim they love differences want everyone to be the same? How on earth does that make sense?!
- Went to several homeschool P.E. classes. I need the exercise. 😉 Seriously, though, I love playing basketball and soccer and dodgeball with our homeschool group. Especially since we get to play rough. No blood, no guts, no game … 😛
- Got to see my friends more often. Several parties/sleepovers/get-togethers. I unashamedly love my friends, and I didn’t get to see them much throughout January, so I was very glad to spend more time with them.
- Finished Flowers at 11,157 words. Yay!!!
- Got the final drafts for the new covers of TDS and IvIn. I can’t wait to share them with you … they are amazing! 🙂
Now on to the dares! (and yes, I do realize that my transitions are awful …)
- Read and review ten books. Check! I’m a little behind on my reviewing, I admit, but I did read twelve books this month.
- Short-review one book each day. Kinda. I short-reviewed a lot of books this month, but I didn’t do one every day.
- Finish off your current read-to-review list. Failed. I just wasn’t able to do it, I’m afraid to say. I didn’t read a lot this month.
- Read 3 books recommended in the comments of January’s dare post. Failed. I didn’t even glance at the recommended books in my January dare post. 😦
- Read one classic. Failed. Unless you count When Calls the Heart by Janette Oke … which I kinda do. But by the world’s standards, I failed. 😛 Ooh, by the way, there’s a new season of When Calls the Heart on Nexflix! *dances*
- Finish Flowers. Check! I finished it on the 12th.
- Read through Ivy Introspective twice. Kinda. I read through it once, and I’m in the middle of reading through it the second time.
- Figure out the plot of The Dressmaker’s Secret. Kinda. I did make a lot of progress, but I don’t think I’ve got it all “figured out.”
- Alternate days of TDS and IvIn. Failed. Honestly, this wasn’t the best idea …
- Don’t let other projects interfere. Check! I didn’t work much on anything this month … but that’s besides the point. I won. That’s all that matters … 😉
- Build up resources page. Check! I’ll always be adding to it, but it is a lot better than it was last month. At least, I think so.
- Get better at graphics. Kinda. Eh …
- Be professional, fun, and original. Kinda. I made a couple posts I’m proud of, but I don’t think I’m a better blogger than I was last month.
- Don’t enter any more blog tours. Failed. XD No comment …
- Write a post for Send the Light. Check! I reblogged it to Reveries moments before I published this post. 😛
- See people more often. Check! What? I did, too …
- Be consistent with Bible-reading and instrument-practicing. Kinda. I read my Bible pretty consistently. I did miss a couple days, but who’s counting? And … instruments? What are instruments? XD
- Earn ten dollars. Failed. I did earn $6 … and my home gave me $3 to buy a pen in California … so I technically am $9 richer, right? So …?
- Don’t become overwhelmed. Failed. *laughs*
- Take pictures. Check! I took quite a few on our California trip. I’ll be sharing some of them with you this Wednesday.
So … this wasn’t really the best month for me. So on to something (hopefully) happier! And, just so you know, I’ve decided not to add little comments to my dares, mostly because I’m in a bit of a rush today. And yes, that will be dreadfully annoying for you because you won’t understand them all. *cackles*
- Read ten books.
- One must be a classic.
- Five must be review copies.
- Post at least five reviews on your blog
- Do a blog survey for Reveries Reviews.
- Put all IvIn edits on computer and ask for beta-readers.
- Rewrite the chapter 26+ portion of TDS.
- Complete outline of Caught in a Spell.
- Write three chapters of Once a Stratton.
- Just survive. (What? A writer’s life is tough!)
- Post consistently and professional on Reveries.
- Post consistently and professional on Reveries Reviews.
- Get better at commenting on other peoples’ blogs.
- Find a way to record your writing progress on your sidebar.
- Actually remember to share your posts on social media.
- Read the Bible.
- Buy a new string for your guitar.
- Practice your clarinet and guitar.
- Work with Riley. (He has an unnatural fear of leashes …)
- Waste less time.
And that’s it for this month, lovelies! See you in April. (Not really … I’ll be seeing you many times before April. It’s just the dares that won’t be around until next month.)
The Discussion Questions
- How did February go for you? Was it a fail like mine? Have you found that the short month makes it harder to accomplish as much stuff as in longer months?
- What are your goals for March?
- How should I record word counts/progress on my sidebar? I’ve yet to find a word count meter I like.
- Have you any tips for editing? Because I’m trying to think of something fresh to do. I should probably just change the font or something …
- Is having a highlight at the start of each ‘dares’ post a good idea … or a bad one? Did you enjoy this month’s highlight?
- Is there any way I could improve my posts on Reveries? Is there anything missing on Reveries? Is there anything unnecessary on Reveries? (Don’t be afraid of honesty! My feelings are not as important as the truth. 😉 )