Okay, let me start out this post with saying I will only be posting sporadically throughout November.
I plan to give you a general update one a week – I’m thinking Mondays or Thursdays. I’m also planning to reblog the two posts I’ll be making on Send the Light (we finally got organized thanks to the efforts of the wonderful Lainey!) during this coming month. Other than that, I’m not planning anything else. I can’t waste time writing blog posts when I’ve got 1,700 words to write every day!
As far as Reveries Reviews, I don’t know. I need to review a lot of books, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the reviews out during November. I know I’m not going to read much if at all during November, so.
I feel incredibly guilty … so many books to review …
Now, before I go on to
ramble talk about the coming November, I’m going to give you a quick update to let you know how I accomplished October’s dares, although October isn’t quite over yet … 😉
- Read two books from your review list. Check! I think I read more than that, actually.
- Finish How to be a Victorian. Kinda. I’ve still got half to go, but I read it already, so …
- Read at least one how-to-write book. Check! I read Outlining Your Novel by K.M. Weiland.
- DON’T YOU DARE GET ANOTHER BOOK FROM THE LIBRARY UNLESS IT’S FOR RESEARCH! Failed a million times! Sarah Sundin’s books are just too good! I literally cried. Oh, wow. I can’t believe it. Such a plot twist! Though maybe it was research … for how to write awesome books … 😉
- Finish Ivy Introspective. Check! Currently in the hands of the alpha readers. Thanks, guys! I can’t wait to hear from you! 🙂
- Lots and lots of research for At Her Fingertips. Check!
- Lots and lots of outlining for At Her Fingertips. Check!
- Write short story. Kinda. I started it, but … didn’t finish it. I just don’t have the muse …
- Get your head right for NaNo. I don’t care how you do it; just do it!
- Become Blogger President! Failed! But Grace is gonna be a great president, so y’all won. 😛
- Post regularly on the subject of At Her Fingertips. Check!
- 180 followers? Check! Current tally is 189. Wow, guys. Thank you so much! 😀
For Reveries Reviews:
- Post twice weekly. Kinda. I did some weeks, but I didn’t other weeks.
- Finish reviewing all the books you read before October. Failed! I got behind in my reviewing, I’m afraid. I’ve decided to stop accepting review requests for a while and try to get through my longish review list before the new year so I can start off with a clean slate. Er, Kindle. Whatever.
- Practice clarinet a lot. Kinda. I practiced one song a lot, and now we’re not playing that song in the concert … so back to square one. 😉
- Start Riley’s training. Kinda. He’s learned some stuff, but I’ve been putting off serious training.
- Actually decide what to call yourself on the new YWP site. Check! RubyBell. ❤
So I didn’t do extremely well this month. I blame it on Bailey. XD Yeah, that doesn’t make sense. Why blame your BFF for something completely unrelated to her?
Well. Let’s see. There’s got to be a reason. Oh, I know! She wasn’t here to support me. Mmhmm. I’m sure now that we stayed up together until three o’clock sitting on the bathroom floor of the camp where we were working talking, I’ll accomplish something. 😛
Anyway. Moving on from that wreck of a month, I’m not setting goals for November except this one:
WRITE A BOOK!
NaNoWriMo starts tonight at 12 o’clock A.M. I may not be writing until the morning because, terribly enough, it’s a school day and it may not be a good idea to stay up much past 12. Especially since I have stuff to do in the afternoon
stupid band which means I have to get school done on time if I want any free time at all.
Not that, even if I didn’t have band, I wouldn’t have to get school done on time … but that I can’t get away with it no matter what now. Like, if my mother breaks her leg and can’t force me to do anything, I still have to get school done on time. All because of band. *sobs, screams, etc.*
Today I’ve got a few things to do to get myself set up for NaNo. I need to type up my complete outline and cheat sheet notes on the computer. I’ve already prepared my thumbdrive, clearing it off and putting what notes I have typed up already.
So. What are your last minute NaNo preparations? Are you excited? Nervous? Do you think you’ll make your word count goal? If you’re not doing NaNo, do you intend to read every blog post I make about it, or are you going to stop following me
(please don’t)? Comment, duckies! (Gosh, I love ducks! They’re so funny! But I hate owls. Die owls.)