Well. I can’t believe September is over already! That went by in the flash. 😛 Well, let’s see how I did this September! 🙂
Dares for September 2016
- Read five books. Check! I think I read … eight? And those are only the ones I remembered to mark on Goodreads … that weren’t for school … 😛 Also, here’s a link to the reviews I posted on Reveries Reviews in September.
- But one of those books has to be a classic. Check! Mansfield Park! *dances*
- And another has to be a nonfiction book about something historical that you could actually apply in a story. Kinda. I haven’t gotten all the way through How to be a Victorian yet.
- Finish Ivy Introspective. Kinda. Um … I’m at 42,000 words. See slideshow at the bottom of this post. Start with the matchbox if you can. It’s better that way. Trust me.
- Character development for At Her Fingertips. Kinda. Mostly, that is. I’ve figured out most of them and gotten them all organized in my head, but I’m not finished.
- Edit A Place Called Lonesome. Check! I did. I submitted it to the contest … and lost. But then, so did everyone else but the winner, so I don’t feel bad. 😉 I’m renaming the story and I’ll be publishing it on this blog in December-ish … so stay tuned! 🙂
Summary of ‘Unnamed Short Story’:
With his family relying on him for support, former football star nineteen-year-old Charlie Hanson takes extra work doing odd jobs for highschool oddball, “Crazy” Callie James. Charlie was sure his life was over, but Callie shows him that life isn’t all about football trophies and a pretty girl.
Title suggestions would be a huge favor. 🙂
- Get through the dreaded blog tour. Check! And it went off quite well
(even though I have made notes for improvement), if I do say so myself. 🙂
- Stay true to the schedule (except during the blog tour). Check! Well, pretty much. There was a blog party last week that threw me off, but that doesn’t matter. 😛
- Actually remember to do the OHMYGOSHI’VEBEENBLOGGINGFORAYEAR post. Kinda. I mentioned it in this post.
- Remember to tell everyone that you have 152 FOLLOWERS!!! Check! Oh, and it’s 172 now! Thanks, guys! I ❤ you! 🙂
For Reveries Reviews:
- Post twice a week (Tuesday and Friday). Kinda. I did sometimes … but September has been a bad month.
- Read. Check!
- Continue reading the Bible. Check! Every night without fail.
- Continue driving. Check! Though not as much this week, I admit.
- Practice the clarinet and guitar every day. Failed. Definitely a fail … 😄
- Actually pay attention to biology. Failed. What? I’m just trying to be honest here …
- Get bad scores on geometry. Failed! Yeah … have yet to get less than a 90. *sigh* I’m such a failure … 😛
Now that we’ve got through the
doom and gloom of things I didn’t accomplish ridiculously long list of awesome things I did, time to move onto the delight of October! 😀
Why do I say the delights of October? Well, about halfway through September, I drew this picture/graphic-y thing:
Yep … pretty much expressed my former feelings. “If I can get through September … I can do anything.” Well, now what?! 😄
So, without further ado …
Dares for October 2016
- Read two books from your review list. NOT FAIR!!! THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER GOOD BOOKS!!! Well, you’ve got to, so stiff upper lip, old girl, etc. etc.
- Finish How to be a Victorian. You need every ounce of research you can pack in, girl … even if you know half of what you read. It’ll be worth it in the end.
- Read at least one how-to-write book. Again, you need to study up for NaNoWriMo! 😀
- DON’T YOU DARE GET ANOTHER BOOK FROM THE LIBRARY UNLESS IT’S FOR RESEARCH! Um … yeah. Why not just say ‘failed’ now?!
- Finish Ivy Introspective. This could be done in a couple days if I work at it … or less, even. Let’s be positive! I’m finishing it this afternoon!
- Lots and lots of research for At Her Fingertips.
- Lots and lots of outlining for At Her Fingertips.
- Write short story. WIP-title: Flowers. You may have heard of this one …
- Get your head right for NaNo. I don’t care how you do it; just do it!
- Become Blogger President! You can help me with this dare! Click here and vote for me!
- Post regularly on the subject of At Her Fingertips. I’m doing something called a ‘Plotting Crash Course’ this month. Basically, it’s me trying to be super organized for NaNo … and likely failing. But I’m going to share my
pitifulefforts with you. 😛
- 180 followers? What? A girl can dream, can’t she?
For Reveries Reviews:
- Post twice weekly. YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!
- Finish reviewing all the books you read before October. Even if it means posting several reviews twice weekly. 😉
- Practice clarinet a lot.
- Start Riley’s training. Yep … shoulda started a month ago …
- Actually decide what to call yourself on the new YWP site. LilliLacyRue? I like that one … Or what about The Storm Girl? Yeah … that doesn’t make sense to anyone but me … so … The Swamp Angel? Hahaha, because people besides you have actually read that book … sure. Any suggestions, guys? Kell Bell has been done. 😉
- Other stuff … but you don’t want me to go into that! 😉
The Promised Slideshow:
(Note: if you start with the picture of the matchbox, you get the whole story …)
What do you think?! 😄