A couple months back I did Beautiful People #18. I forgot (well, didn’t have time) to do #19 (Random Questions), so I decided to answer those now. 🙂 I’ll also be answering the questions for #20, which is Appearance.
What is Beautiful People? Well, you can find out anything you want to do about it here. It’s just me asking my characters questions, yada yada. Today I’ll be interviewing Troy Kee, a character from The Lady of the Vineyard (again).
Note: I changed the questions around a little so they’re asked directly as the character instead of to the author about the character.
The Questions (20 in all!)
- Do you want to get married and/or have children? Why or why not?
I have been married. It was … brief and excruciating? Yes, those are the right words. And I have a daughter. So … I suppose I’ve passed the ‘wanting’ stage.
Would I like to remarry? Well. I don’t know. I don’t think I’d want to fall in love again … I don’t know if I could. Maybe it’s just too soon to tell. Although if I can’t tell in six years, I wonder when I’ll be able to.
- What is your weapon of choice?
I’ve never really had to use a weapon, so …
- What’s the nicest thing you’ve done for someone else, and why did you do it?
I try to do nice things if I can all the time, but I’ve never done anything really great. I thought getting Della (ex-wife, you know) away from London and the group she was running with would be a good deed, but she didn’t seem to think so.
- Have they ever been physically violent with someone, and what instigated it?
I don’t think so. And if I was, I would die. I mean, seriously. I have the muscles of a jellyfish (if jellyfish even have muscles … no, I don’t know much about marine life).
- Are you a rule-follower or a rebel?
Occasionally I can be known to break a speed limit or ignore a court ruling, but for the most part I obey rules. Especially if they’re contained in that (^).
- Are you organized or messy?
ORGANIZED. I have no desire to have my house overrun by my possessions. Unlike certain people …
- What makes you feel loved, and who was the last person to make you feel that way?
I don’t want to talk about it.
- What do you eat for breakfast?
There’s the “without Judy” and “with Judy” breakfast.
Without Judy = eggs, toast, and bacon.
With Judy = cake!
- Have you ever lost someone close to you? What happened?
Yes, definitely. My parents died when I was small (both during the War – my father’s bi-plane was shot down and my mother died of the Spanish flu) and my sister ran off with the evil Dave (I should never have let that rascal marry her! I mean, sure, she’s pretending to be happy, but deep down I’m sure she’s miserable with him! Oh, don’t give me that look! How could my baby sister care for that monster? That evil … doctor. Okay, I must admit he doesn’t look evil, but I’m sure …). And then there’s Della …
- What’s your treat of choice?
Ice cream, of course!
- Give a brief overview of your looks.
Tall and gangly, orange-y hair (usually messy a few moments after combing), blue eyes, small mustache, usually wearing a business suit. I’m a handsome fellow, aren’t I?
- Share a snippet that involves description of your appearance.
Okay, Kellyn wrote this in the second chapter of my story, I believe.
As Judy exited the apartment building, she noticed a tall, skinny man sitting on the curb, wearing a rumpled business suit. He had removed his hat and was twirling it around and around on his finger. His reddish hair was rumpled, his blue eyes distant. He had a small mustache on his upper lip.
- What is the first thing people might notice about you?
My dashing good looks.
Okay, probably not! My height would likely be noted first.
- What are your unique features?
My height, my orangey hair, my unique personality … take your pick.
- How tall are you? What is your build?
I think I’m about 6’6″, and my build is skinny.
- What is your posture like? How do you usually carry yourselves?
I slouch slightly at times; I walk rather slowly and a bit lazily. I prefer sitting to standing if it can be managed.
- You have been seen on a “lazy day”: what are you wearing and how do you look?
The same thing I’m wearing any other day. I very rarely part with my business suits.
- Do you wear glasses, accessories, or jewelry on a regular basis? Do you have any article of clothing or accessory that could be considered your trademark?
I don’t wear glasses, accessories, or jewelry of any kind. I do have a watch … it was my grandfather’s, but nine times out of ten I forget to bring it along.
- Have you ever been bullied or shamed because of your looks? Explain!
At school I was ‘the tall kid,’ but I wasn’t really bullied. More like affectionately nicknamed.
- Are you happy with how you look? If you could change anything about your appearance, what would it be?
I am happy with how I look. Though, to be honest, I don’t usually think about it. Now you’ve got me all self-conscious, and, come to think of it, it wouldn’t be bad to loose a couple inches. My height is a bit extreme.
What do you think? 🙂
p.s. remember to sign up for the blog tour for the release of The Lady of the Vineyard!